One of my newer Christmas traditions is to make Bourbon Balls and now you can make them too!
I typically quadruple this recipe, mostly because a large bag of walnuts can be divided into this ratio. You might want to start with only a single or double batch at first as they’re a little time-consuming to make.
- 1 – 6 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips (half a bag)
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar + more to coat balls at end
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey (or orange juice)
- 1 cup walnuts, ground or chopped finely
- 1 – 14 oz box vanilla wafers, crushed finely
- Grind / chop walnuts and vanilla wafers. (I use a food processor.)
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Add corn syrup and sugar. Stir well.
- Blend in bourbon.
- Stir in wafers and walnuts (I stir them in by batches as my double boiler is small. You probably could transfer the mixture to a large bowl before this step.)
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in sugar.
- Let ripen in tightly covered container for 4-5 days.