Here are a few basic retweet rules:
- Always credit the original author of the tweet by using either “RT @username:” at the beginning of the tweet or “(via @username)” at the end of the tweet
- If the tweet is too many characters, try to edit out unimportant words or use abbreviations
- If there are multiple names involved, leave the original author and the most recent retweeter (the person who you read the tweet from)
- In the case of multiple retweeters, use the “(via @username @username)” option instead of “RT @username: RT @username” for easy readability
- ALWAYS add a personal comment to the tweet, even if it’s just a single word as it shows that you’ve read and value the tweet
- Don’t send retweet after retweet. Always mix up your twitter stream with some of your own content tweets and replies
It’s very important to build a twitter community among your followers. Retweet your bureau members/partners and hopefully they will do the same for you.