What type of boards do you have?
- jesslaw So far, we’ve broken our boards down into: play, stay, dine, shop and say “I Do” in #BucksCounty.
- jamiemorgancda Beverage Finds, Recipes, Dining Out in the Northwest
- theslynch We’re looking at a “made in <insert state>” board to tie into a print, app or e-pub.
How often do you pin?
- NinaSunshine I try to pin something daily to keep it fresh. I just started though so we’ll see.
- FSAustin Aiming for a couple of times a day, but quality/usefulness is more important than quantity to us
- Joe_ExpCols I try to pin a couple times a day – once during the work day, and once at about 10:30 p.m. Very active time
Where are you sourcing your pins?
- Amy_BrockI try to take a few minutes each week & pin from a few member websites. (Hotels, restaurants, shops)
- NinaSunshine My first boards were mostly from our website & blog (traffic!). I needed more scenic photos so went to local blogs, Etsy.
- FSAustin We follow all of our local wedding vendor blogs to source wedding-related pins. Very useful so far!
Are you following back people that follow your boards?
- Amy_Brock No, at the moment trying to just follow our members/locals to keep easier tabs on content to repin.
- MaddenMedia For now I am because most people who signed up aren’t too active. My feed hasn’t been overwhelming
- Amy_Brock It is nice that you can follow 1 Board rather than a person.
How are you promoting your Pinterest efforts?
- FSAustin Once we beef up our boards, we’ll promote via Twitter, Facebook, e-newsletter & hopefully icons on webpage
- Joe_ExpCols our blog, Facebook, Twitter, PR, reaching out to influencers.
This is just a sampling of the chat conversation. How are you using Pinterest for your destination?