Twitter: What tools do you use? Any time-saving tips?
- ELearningU TweetDeck, Hootsuite. Twellow is a great tool to find locals (LOVE Twellowhood)
- Joe_ExpCols Google Reader for content, Sprout Social for monitoring. Google Analytics all day every day.
- emilyforsha I’m a Tweetdeck girl, but use Hootsuite app for mobile. Love Google Reader to find content.
Facebook: What posts get the best interactions? How frequently do you post?
- HeidiTown best interaction when you ask people their opinion. People love to share about themselves!
- TourismCurrents Facebook posting. Photos, especially of food, do well. Love to send ’em from phone. Post 1-2/day, incl. weekends.
- pagetx Any time I post food photos, my engagement goes through the roof. Fill in the blank works well too.
Flickr: Photostream and/or group? How much time do you spend per month here?
- emilyforsha During fall foliage season & photo contest, a lot. Otherwise go in weekly to approve what folks are adding to group pool.
- NinaSunshine I upload all our photos for our blog on Flickr. Prob spend about 16-20 hours per month on it.
YouTube: Do you have a custom channel (background image)? How frequently do you upload new videos?
- WellsRobb we have changed our background based on the season or campaign.
Foursquare: Have you created Lists? Do you check-in as DMO? Leave tips?
- DanielleRauch Lists, yes. Check-ins, no. We leave tips for each item on our lists though.
Blogs: WordPress vs other platforms? How frequently do you post?
- ktrichter I use wordpress professionally and blogger personally. Posting 2 times a week professionally.
- spowellhenning Blog once a week, minimum. So important to SEO.
Newer platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ — which do you use?
- DanielleRauch Using Pinterest, no Iphone so we can’t use Instagram, have a G+ page but rarely update it, also on Foodspotting
- NinaSunshine I personally use Instagram, but often use my photos on our blog, FB etc. We also use Pinterest. Set up a Google+ page
- emilyforsha Use Instagram for our fall foliage campaign. Think more destinations should consider using it & Pinterest.
How do you manage social media AND your other job responsibilities?
- carannmcc It’s difficult b/c managing SM can be/is a FT job in itself! Good tip: pick certain times of day to check/update.
ktrichter I set aside time each day for monitoring and reporting..helps with the time already set aside
For more details, check out the entire chat transcript.