– apps, like Wildfire, make managing social media contests very easy
– determine the goal of your contest: build fan base, gain photo assets, etc
– have Terms and Conditions set in place, especially if public voting is involved
– shorter contests work well on twitter, especially when the call to action is simple, like retweeting something
– Facebook contests can be longer but don’t let the voting phase get too long as it can lead to contest fatigue
– Facebook revised their Promotion Guidelines on December 1
What are your best practices & success stories when it comes to social media contests?