#tourismchat is a twitter chat focused on social media in the tourism industry. Our Nov 3 (2011) chat featured Facebook as the topic.
Even though Facebook is constantly changing (and I’m way behind in my blog), I wanted to share these #tourismchat highlights here. I think a lot of the tweets in this chat can help you build a solid strategy or inspire you to try new things on Facebook.
Q1: Is your page geared towards leisure tourism only? Do you have separate niche pages?
- jennrush03 We just have the one page for our CVA that’s mainly leisure travel. Our other 2 facebook pages are for events we run.
- scullyano We have one FB page for all leisure, meetings, groups, weddings, etc.
- thefrontrowe Our page is predominantly leisure tourism, but also aimed at growing local advocacy.
- maddenmedia A1: Facebook works best with B2C markets. Might be best to create a custom B2B app/tab dedicated to a specific niche on 1 page.
Q2: How often do you update your Facebook page? What time? Evenings/weekends too?
- emilyforsha Plan is to move toward twice daily, morning and evening.
maddenmedia No more than three times a day, but we strive for one to two posts per day on pages we administer.
- bobf_vstpgh We generally update no more than 2-3 times per day and try to keep several hours between posts.
Q3: What tabs do you have on your page? Welcome tab, booking engine, etc. Are you tracking links to these tabs?…