- Many believe that creating a mobile website is more important than creating an app
- People that regularly use social media are more inclined to use twitter or other networks/apps when they travel instead of downloading a new CVB app for the destination
- Some CVBs that already have a mobile app: Memphis, TN; Holland; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Boston, MA; Lansing, MI
- Everyone, especially smaller or more rural CVBs, should take advantage of APIs / apps that are already available such as Yelp, Google Maps, Urbanspoon and Foursquare
- Even though Foursquare has been around for a while now, there are still many CVBs that have yet to take advantage of it
The next tourismchat is on August 12 and will cover Niche SoMe Marketing.